For version 1.25 or higher
The admin portal is a web-based application. When the authentication process has been successfully completed, the main screen will be presented. Figure 1 below shows an example of the main screen.
The screen is divided into three main sections
1. Application Header
- Shows information about the logged-in user (right-top)
- Provides the option to log out of application
- Notification indicator
- Navigation breadcrumb
The notification indicator shows all notifications received and can be accessed by clicking the bell icon
The breadcrumb navigator provides a simple way to navigate back and forth amongst the blades that are open. In this example, the user has opened the portal and navigated to the ‘Devices’ section. The user can click on any section shown in this breadcrumb to go straight to that blade.
2. Main Menu
- All options of the application can be accessed from here
- Specific options in the menu then consist of sub-menus (as shown here for ‘Data management’)
- The menu can be collapsed to provide more space for section 3 (click on hamburger/3 line symbol)
3. Main Data Area
- Shows all data relevant to the selected option from the main menu in section 2
- The information is shown in one or more views, as shown in Figure 2
- Action in one view can invoke the opening of another view, always to the right
- Any views already opened will be closed with a new selection
- When a different option from the main menu is selected, all previous views will be closed
- This example shows that ‘Devices’ is the option selected in the Main Menu (1)
- This opened a list of devices (2)
- As a result of selecting one of the devices listed, another view opened with the details of that device (3)
- Selecting an alternative device will result in the closure of the view currently open in favor of the newly selected choice.
In this example, we will look at how the devices can be viewed and managed.
Figure 3 – Details
Section A. shows all the devices belonging to this customer. When double-clicking on one of the devices a side window will appear. In this window, you will find all settings belonging to a particular device (3) and all the actions that can be used to control the device remotely (2).
This view is common to all sections where a change to a setting can be made, such as Users, Groups, and items.
The dashboard acts as the home screen of the application. It is the default screen shown when all other views are closed, a user is logged in or ‘Home’ is selected from the main menu.
The dashboard view consists of separate widgets showing various types of information
The visible widgets and their order are customizable for each user.